Earth Camp – Experiential Weekends
Connect with the Energy of Mother Earth, Nature, Spirit of Place, Ancestor & Otherworld (Shamanic).
Find your true wild self – Enjoy the Community of tribe
Each Earth-Camp is distinct – a different focus, different locations visited and very different experiences
LIMITED TO 12 PLACES ONLY
Spring Earth Camp 2018
Thursday April 19th – Sunday April 22nd (3 Nights)
Sitting With Trees
A chance to work & connect with some amazing trees in both the SSSI Ancient Oak woodlands surrounding the camp-ground and a ‘relic’ woodland that has been a continuous Oak woodland for 8,000 years; these are some serious energies.
- ‘Sitting With’ – is a receptive skill; akin to undertaking a receptive form of meditation. It is a technique used to absorb information using ALL of our senses, all at the same time, with a completely open mind. When you ‘Sit With’ you suspend ‘self’, you are not trying to understand or make sense you simply observe and obsorb; it is this that allows experience of things outside of our ‘normal’ frames of reference.
- Trees – apart from the many, many environmental, social and community benefits that trees give us they also provide personal, health (both physical and mental) and spirtual benefits. This is just the ‘tip of the iceberg’, there is an intimate connection; a special relationship between humans and trees.
“The wonder is that we can see these trees and not wonder more”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Learn ‘Sitting With’ skills & techniques
- Discover the secret life of woodlands
- Develop a kenning (knowing) of your relationship with trees
- Investigate different native tree species
- Connect with the energy frequency (vibration) of trees
- Explore trees within Brythonic Mythology
- Hugging the trees is allowed but not mandatory
- Make a walking stick/staff as your record of this journey
- Live as a tribe on these ancestral grounds
- Cook Communally on the camp-fire (evening meal provided)
- Evening Storytell/Drum around the fire – including Cad Goddeu (The Battle of the Trees), from the Book of Taliesin
- Provide shared tribal community tent/kitchen area
Cost £87.00 – includes evening meals and basic (tea, coffee, bread, butter etc.) – all camping fees, tuition and visits
Deposit £30.00 secures place, balance payable by March 31st 2018 – includes £3 charge to cover PayPal fees – (Deposits are non-refundable – cancellations made at least 2 weeks before the event will receive a refund of the balance)
Earth Camp is a place of rediscovery – in this sacred land unchanged for millennia, a place that our ancestors from the Bronze-Age and beyond would recognise – in fact they are still there waiting to meet you.
Islawrdref, Dolgellau, Gwynedd LL40 1TB
- Earth Camp is unique – a spiritual quest to immerse yourself in raw nature.
- Located in one of this lands’ few remaining true wildernesses – a liminal place where the dance and flow of ‘The Song’ (the life-force) is strong.
- A place where the true nature of your soul, on its sacred journey can rediscover itself.
- Where to commune within nature is to encounter the divine as its magical forces take root in your soul and impart wisdom and inspiration.
- A place to learn the lore of the land through the poetry, myths and legends, recited as our ancient ancestors did around the evening campfires