Frankincense Resin – 50g
For Incenses, Remedies, Cosmetics & Perfumes
“A particularly effective herbal anti-inflammatory that has been used for centuries to relieve joint pain and improve mobility. It is used for inflammation and pain control, recent research (2008) from the University of California, Davis, confirms that the herb is effective in relieving the aches and pains of arthritis, gout, lower back pain, rheumatism and osteoarthritis.” (https://thecompleteherbalguide.com).
Frankincense helps the skin to increase its elasticity, lessening lines and wrinkles. Rubbed on the chest there is anecdotal evidence of it relieving the physical pangs of an anxiety or panic attack.
- You can also find many of our Herbs/Gums/Resins on our ETSY SHOP
Out of stock
Frankincense is listed as having the following Properties:
- Stimulant: – helps to increase alertness and energy
- Anti-inflammatory: – reduces inflammation
- Astringent: – encourages skin cells to contract
- Antiseptic: – preventing the growth of disease-causing microorganisms
- Disinfectant: – something that destroys bacteria
- Digestive: – promotes the digestion of food
- Diuretic: – increases the excretion of water from bodies
- Expectorant: – promotes the secretion of sputum by the air passages
- Cicatrisant: – skin-healing, wound healing or cell regenerative
- Carminative: – relieving flatulence
- Cytophylactic: – stimulates the generation of new cells
- Emenagogue: – something that stimulates or increases menstrual flow
- Uterine: – supports the health of the uterus
- Vulnerary: – of use in the healing of wounds
- The Skin
- The Digestive System
- The Respiratory System
- Is Wildcrafted (grown naturally free from pollutants) and sustainably harvested inSudan
- Not heat treated or irradiated and does not contain GMO’s
- Should be infused in boiling water before consumption.
- A certificate of analysis is available for this product if required.
*The effective ingredient ‘Boswellic Acid’ is contained in the resin part of Frankincense not in the oil.
Cautions for Frankincense: Whilst side effects are rare with Frankincense it is still possible to be allergic to it
Allergens – Produced in facilities handling Nuts, gluten, celery and mustard. Handling procedures are in place to reduce the likelihood of allergens being present, but we cannot guarantee our ingredients are totally free of traces in the products supplied.
Information provided in the Herbal Apothecary is from the ‘folk herbalist’ tradition and does not pretend to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition. Celtic Earth Spirit advises you to consult a medical professional before trying any herbal product.