Damiana Leaf – 50g
- As a tea Damiana is used as a tonic for the kidneys, the sexual organs and the nervous system.
- Traditionally used as a relaxant, digestive stimulant, mood enhancer & to increase sexual desire.
- Modern usage also includes use as a herbal smoke.
Damiana Leaf (Turnera Diffusa) – as a tea is used as a tonic for the kidneys, the sexual organs and the nervous system. Used in Mexico, Central America, and South America since the times of the ancient Aztec, it was also highly valued by the Mayans. Although its primary traditional use across cultures has been its noted effect on sexual desire it has also been valued as a relaxant, digestive stimulant and mood enhancer. In modern times it has also been used as a herbal smoke.
History – the name damiana is from the Greek daman or damia meaning ‘to tame or subdue’. It is the female version of Damian and infers that damiana is the wild one ‘who tames’.
- Infused as a tea
- Made into a tincture
- Used in herbal smoking blends
- Often infused in alcohol to make liqueurs or cordials
Cautions – there are no known specific cautions
Allergens: Nuts, gluten, celery, milk/dairy and mustard are handled on the site where this product is processed. Handling procedures are in place to reduce the likelihood of allergens being present, but we cannot guarantee our ingredients are totally free of traces in the product supplied.
- 100% Botanical, naturally sourced agricultural product
- Not heat treated
- Product must be infused in boiling water before consumption.
Recommendations – consult a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or on any medications.
This information is for educational purposes only, it is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.