Plantain Leaf – 50g
For Teas, Remedies, a Herbal Smoke & Dye (soft yellow)
Plantain Leaf (Plantago Major L.) is generally considered to be a weed; one description even reads ‘a short, fat, ugly weed’!! But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In actuality Plantain has a long history as one of the best healing herbs on the planet; and is probably the biggest masochist of the plant world – it loves to be trampled.
Plantain leaf has been used for centuries all over the world as a remedy for wounds, bites, stings and problems related to the skin. It has been used as a herbal smoke for ritual purposes and for helping to quit smoking as it causes an aversion to tobacco.
Plantain Leaf is listed as having the following Properties:
- Antibacterial: – destroys or suppresses the growth of bacteria
- Antimicrobial: – destroys or stops the growth of microorganisms
- Anti-inflammatory: – reduces inflammation
- Anti-toxic: – counteracts toxins
- Vulnerary: – of use in the healing of wounds
- Astringent: – encourages skin cells to contract
Plantain Leaf May Benefit:
- Digestive System
- Respiratory System
- Plantain is very high in vitamins A and C and in calcium.
- The chewed leaves are a traditional treatment for bee stings & insect bites, the itching of nettle stings, allergic rashes and to promote healing in minor burns, cuts and sores.
- The leaves can be used to make a salve for the above purposes.
- New young leaves can be used raw in salads and cooked as ‘greens’.
- Older leaves can be used to make a tea/tissane.
- Plantain tea can also be used as a mouthwash for sore gums.
Our Plantain Leaf:
- Is Wildcrafted and sustainably harvested in Bulgaria
- Is not heat treated or irradiated and is free from GMO’s
- Should be infused in boiling water before consumption.
- A certificate of analysis can be provided for this product if required.
Cautions: None known but like any substance care should be taken as it is possible to have allergies, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding we recommend seeking medical advice before you consider using any herbal product.
Allergens: Nuts, gluten, celery, milk/dairy and mustard are handled on the site where this product is processed. Handling procedures are in place to reduce the likelihood of allergens being present, but we cannot guarantee our ingredients are totally free of traces in the product supplied.
Information provided in the Herbal Apothecary is from the ‘folk herbalist’ tradition and does not pretend to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition. Celtic Earth Spirit advises you to consult a medical professional before trying any herbal product.