£1.97 – £2.95
For Teas, Remedies & Purification
Common Vervain has been long been associated with divine and other supernatural forces. It has an equally long-standing use as a medicinal plant being used for its soporific effects in much the same way as the better known Valerian and it is often used as an herbal remedy for women’s health issues.
You can find a full article on Vervain here
Vervain is listed as having the following Properties:
Vervain may benefit:
- The nervous system
- The female reproductive system
- The skin and oral health
- As an incense; the home, personal space & artefacts and sacred spaces
- Leaves and flowers can be drunk as a tea or tisane,
- An infusion of the leaves can be used as a hair rinse to add shine
- Leaves can also be used as a poultice for wounds
- Traditionally used for;
- stimulation of lactation
- easing dysmenorrhea (painful periods)
- low mood & anxiety
however, there are few clinical trials of vervain or its components .
- Is Wildcrafted (grown naturally & without pollutants) and harvested sustainably in Bulgaria
- Is not heat treated or irradiated and is free from GMO’s
- Should be infused in boiling water before consumption
- A certificate of analysis is available for this product if required
Allergens: Nuts, gluten, celery, milk/dairy and mustard are handled on the site where this product is processed. Handling procedures are in place to reduce the likelihood of allergens being present, but we cannot guarantee our ingredients are totally free of traces in the product supplied.
Cautions: There are no reported side effects of Vervain – although its use should be avoided in pregnancy as it may cause miscarriage and it is thought that due to its purgative effects, excess dosages may lead to vomiting.
Information provided in the Herbal Apothecary is from the ‘folk herbalist’ tradition and does not pretend to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition. Celtic Earth Spirit advises you to consult a medical professional before trying any herbal product.