- Do you run events?
- Are you looking for workshops?
- We are happy to take ‘Payment-in-Kind’ (i.e. a trading stand at your event).
- Contact Us if you would like to discuss an arrangement.
- Our current choice of workshops for 2024 are shown below.
Are you looking for workshops to attend? Events that we are booked into for 2024 will appear in a calendar at the bottom of this page.
Our Relationship With Others – Human & Non-Human
- Animism is NOT a Religion
- Animism IS experiential
- Animism is complicated (very complicated)
Utilising ‘An Animist Manifesto‘ (By Graham Harvey) as our starting point, we take a ‘deep dive’ into the world of Animism.
You may never look at the world in which you live in the same light again
John Barleycorn – the living spirit of the grain
Customs of Cutting the Grain
Traditionally the first sheaf of grain was supremely important, it produced the first & best seed which assured future harvests.
This workshop is practical, using age-old techniques participants will learn how to
- Thresh grain
- Mill the grain, grinding it into flour
This is a custom of the first harvest -occurring around Lammas (beginning of August).
A Stafford Knot
- Participants will learn the traditions surrounding the cutting of the last sheaf.
- They will also learn how to weave their own corn dolly to take home.
This is a custom of the final harvest – occurring around the Autumn Equinox.
Blend Your Own Incense
Using mixtures of gums, resins and herbs, learn how to blend your own loose incenses.
Remedies from Wild Herbs
“Nature itself is the best Physician” – Hippocrates
Learn to have the confidence to make your own herbal remedies at home from totally natural herbal ingredients, found either in your garden or the wild.
Making Balms & Salves
Make Your Own Balms & Salves
Learn how to make your own balms & salves using totally natural ingredients, for either cosmetic or remedy purposes.