Borne out of the ‘Old Ways’ of our Brythonic (Celtic) Ancestors, passed down through the generations & evolving as they travelled; they are the magic of the land Herself and are now our common folk-history, culture & heritage.
A full listing of our current events & workshops can be found in our Calendar.
Our workshops can also be booked for your own event or venue – for details please contact us.
Talking With Trees
Trees Talk to Each Other in a Language that We Can Learn
- Find out about their family bonds & relationships
- How they communicate & interact
- Learn how to see their energy fields
- Hear their heartbeat & pulse
- Hugging allowed but not compulsory
You will never look at trees in the same light again
The village wise-woman/cunning-man was a cross between apothecary/healer, midwife and wildcrafter – a mainstay of their practice was their knowledge of making lotions ‘n’ potions and how each type would be used – learn the range of options available & how to craft them.
- Oil Infusions
Lotions 'N' Potions
“Nature itself is the best Physician” – Hippocrates
The majority of the effective properties that nature provides are to be found in plants or trees as Herbs/Gums/Resins.
Focusing on the knowledge of how these properties can be utilised we will make:
- A Herbal Oil Infusion
- An Oleo-resin Salve.
- Health & Safety when using natural substances for cosmetic purposes.
Before the advent of the national health service (1948) all doctors & medicines had to be paid for. It was expensive, VERY expensive.
- In 1931 each doctors visit cost 5 Shillings (25p)
- A widows pension was 10 Shillings (50p) per week
- A farm labourer earned £1-11s-3d (£1.55) per week
Find out more about our natural resources that provided remedies for almost all ailments.
The information provided in these workshops is for educational purposes – it is not intended to equip you with the ability to make medicines or provide a diagnosis or cure.